WHO SHOULD PERFORM HIJAMA?
by Muddassar Raja
The Importance of Hijama:
Abdullah ibn Abbas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, “I did not pass by an angel from the angels on the night journey except that they all said to me: Upon you is cupping (hijama), O Muhammad.” [Saheeh Sunan ibn Maajah (3477)].
In the narration reported by Abdullah ibn Mas’ud (may Allaah be pleased with him) the angels said, “Oh Muhammad, order your Ummah (nation) with cupping (hijama).” [Saheeh Sunan Tirmidhee (3479)].
The “Night Journey” refers to Isra and Mi’raj, where Prophet Muhammad was given the gift of salah. According to the above hadith, the message to establish Hijama was emphasized, the same night. So knowing that the establishing practice of Hijama was ordered the same night as the order of Salah, should tell us the importance of Hijama Cupping Therapy.
The above ahadith also prove to us that we cannot take Hijama as only Prophet Muhammad’s (pbuh) sunnah, instead, it is an order from Allah (swt) to establish Hijama as a preferred treatment for humanity.
What can be cured by Hijama?
Abu Hurairah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, “Whoever performs cupping (hijama) on the 17th, 19th or 21st day (of the Islamic, lunar month) then it is a cure for every disease.” [Saheeh Sunan abi Dawud (3861)].
According to the above hadith, Hijama is the cure for every disease. As a Muslim we know it is Allah who cures us and Allah and his Messenger has recommended Hijama treatment to us, so we have to try it and leave the cure to Allah. If Allah wishes to cure you, He will, otherwise He wants to test you and reward you a bit more.
If Hijama treatment is the recommended treatment for humanity by Allah and His messenger, then what kind of treatments should it be able to treat? Through ahadith, research and our experience we have learnt that by administering Hijama, we can successfully treat medical, muscular, skeletal, metaphysical, psychological, spiritual and emotional issues.
According to Ibn al Qayyim, in his book, “The Medicine of Phrophet”, mentioned that the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) got his head cupped when he was afflicted with magic. So Hijama is the best treatment for metaphysical issues, such as Jin possession, Black magic and Evil eye.
Who should perform Hijama?
There are plenty of debates in the industry about who should perform Hijama. Right now, there are two main views in the market.
- Medical Doctors: Medical doctors feel that the only people who should be able to do Hijama treatment should be medical doctors or someone who has some kind of medical background. Even though modern medicine is very advance for doing testing, scans and surgeries, it is not equipped to deal with spiritual and metaphysical issues, that can cause a patient’s health and life to deteriorate.
- Imams and Mshaikh: Even though Imams and Mshaikh might be equipped to deal with spiritual and metaphysical issues, they might not have knowledge of physiology and anatomy. And they might not be aware of blood borne pathogens and cross contamination issues.
What is the solution?
So who should perform Hijama? We believe that the best person to perform Hijama is someone:
1) Who has knowledge of Physiology and Anatomy
2) Who is always conscious of hygiene, for the health and safety of his/her patient and him/herself
3) Who has at least the basic knowledge of metaphysical issues and knows how to deal with them with the help of Ruqiyah
4) Who has some bodywork knowledge to deal with muscular problems
5) Knowledge of some typology to figure out the root cause of the problem
Because of our belief that a Hijama Practitioner should have basic knowledge about all of the above, we have designed our Online Hijama Certification Course to cover introduction to all of the above points. And now we are partnering up with the experts in the above fields to bring the full courses into the market. So that we can help a Hijama Practitioner to adopt a Holistic approach.
We hope that all Allopathic and Holistic Health Practitioners can come together and provide tailor-made treatments for people who are seriously ill. We need to work together to put patients first and prioritize their safety and well-being. Our goal as Healthworkers should be to provide the highest standards of treatments and healthcare plans in collaboration with each other, inshallah!
We have 25% off promotion on our Hijama Certification Course till December 26th, 2012.
Course information: https://hijamanation.com/hijama-courses-2/
Free eBook, please signup to your right.