Hajj season is approaching us soon insha Allah. Some of you may be preparing to go and some may not be this year. May Allah give us all the opportunity to perform the Hajj in good health. As part of the preparation process for it, we have written an article to help you utilise your time now. Now, you can prepare for the aspect that most of us neglect in order to maximise your spirituality and the benefits of pilgrimage; physical health.
The final Messenger of Allah, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) mounted the pulpit, then wept and said, “Ask Allah (swt) for forgiveness and health, for after being granted certainty, one is given nothing better than health.” (Related in Tirmidhi)
Prophet PBUH stresses the value of health so it is very important that we seek it. One of the greatest blessings after belief is health. Unfortunately within the Muslim community, we generally do not hear Muslim Scholars, Daees or Muslims speaking openly about the topic of health, so you can perform your best in anything that you do.
For those of you who are going to Hajj, insha Allah, you may already be doing the preparations such as booking holidays from work, shopping, organising the lodging, learning the rituals for Hajj, and sorting out finances. But how many do you think will be thinking about getting ready physically to get the optimum results from their trip?
All of the above preparations are important. However, how much thought have you put into facing the physically challenging conditions there? You will have to do a lot of walking, a lot of sitting and standing during salah, alot of sleepless night and not to mention the heat!
This is not to scare you off, but to make you think that you should try to be in your best physical health when you are performing Hajj. By being physical fit and healthy, you will be able to perform more rakahs, read more Quran, stay up longer, do more qiyyam and you will actually enjoy your ebadah and your time their. Which will result in more reward, more spirituality and more chances of your ebadah being accepted insha Allah.
So now that you know the importance of getting physically ready for the Hajj, here are some of the suggestions to get there, insha Allah.
- Decide – First of all you should decide that you want achieve physical health and ask Allah to provide you the strength and consistency to achieve your goal insha Allah.
- Schedule – You should schedule some time to focus on your health daily, even if it is as little as 20-30 minutes per day.
- Have Hijama Cupping Therapy performed upon You – You may be someone who is suffering from ailments such as migraine, blood pressure, diabetes, heart problems and arthritis. Or you may be someone who is suffering from some kind of physical pain in the back, feet, knee or neck. All of the above problems can cause a hindrance in your ebadah. In an effort to get physically fit and to get ready for Hajj, you should have Hijama Cupping Therapy performed upon you.
- Below are the benefits you can see immediately after Hijama:
- It can help reduce your symptoms for long term ailments.
- It will give you pain relief from all the muscular issues as well as headaches and migraines
- It will give your blood a detox, so you are cleansed and refreshed
- It will strengthen your immune systems against the climate at Hajj
- It will relax your muscles so they are supple and be able to face the exertions needed during Hajj.
- In many cases Hijama produces mental clarity, which will help you towards spiritual focus at Hajj, insha Allah;
“The Prophet (PBUH) said: “The best treatment is Hijama; it removes blood, lightens the back and sharpens the eyesight.” [At Tirmidhi #3053]
By having Hijama done, you will be fulfilling a Sunnah for a greater goal… a pillar of Islam; Hajj. Think about the immense rewards!
“Jibreel (Angel Gabriel) has informed me that Hijama Cupping is the most useful medication for People.” Stated by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), as reported by Abu-Hurayrah (recorded by al-Hakim, verified to be authentic by al-Albani [Sahih ul-Jami # 218]).
Hijama is the best treatment but it needs to be combined with the following actions in a strict regime to achieve optimum health.
Hydrate yourself – Keeping your body hydrated is essential to keep your body healthy and fit. Drink at least 1.5-2 litres of pure, filtered water. Water cleanses your body of dangerous toxins and helps in transporting carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and other important nutrients and oxygen to your blood cells. These cells then produce energy for the body to function. By hydrating yourself before Hajj, you will increase your energy levels and allow your body to deal with the extreme heat and hardship. In other words, you will have the reserves of water in your body, when the time comes insha Allah.
Exercise – The Hajj journey involves a great deal of physical exertions such as walking to Safa-Marwa in the heat. Now would be a perfect time to have a walking routine as this will increase physical stamina and help you handle the long journeys. You will be in heated, cramped places with people pushing in all directions it is important to remain patient. Exercise will boost yours self-esteem, moods, sleep quality and most importantly energy, as well as reducing your risk of stress.
In conclusion, get yourself ready physically as well to reap the full benefits of Hajj. You can start from now and continue after you reach Saudi insha Allah.
To find a Hijama Practiotner near you, here is the link to our register of Certified Hijama Nation Practitioners https://hijamanation.com/hijama-practitioners/
If you will be having Hijama done in Saudi Arabia then ensure the Hijama Practitioner has suitable hygiene standards. Just make sure they use single use, sterile and disposable supplies, such as blades and cups. Also make sure they are only treating one person at a time, as there can be an increased risk of cross contamination.
‘’No one will be allowed to move from his position on the Day of Judgement until he has been asked how he spent his life, how he used his knowledge, how he earnt and spent his money and in what pursuits he used his health” (Related in Tirmidhi)
If you have benefitted from this article, please share it with friends, family or someone who can also benefit from it insha Allah.
If you would like to learn the amazing treatment of Hijama and help others live a fuller life, please email us at info@HijamaNation.com